Each year the population of non-English speaking students increases more rapidly than that of native-English speakers. Teachers who are generally not prepared to work with these students struggle to find ways to help them learn the content of their regular subjects as they acquire the new language. It is often very difficult for them to evaluate these students’ academic progress or know how to assess their progress. The purpose of this library is to provide educators with a complete program to equip teachers with the knowledge and skills to appreciate and effectively teach diverse learners.
CE Credits Online English Language Learner courses:
- English Language Learners in Your Classroom
- Teaching English Language Learners (ELL): An Introduction
- Content-based Instructional Strategies for ELL
- ELL Language Assessment and Relation Issues in the K-12 Classroom: An Introduction
- Improving English Language Learner Instruction through the Use of Technology
- Developing Listening Comprehension in English Language Learners
- ELL Reading: Teaching Strategies for K-12
Each of these 45 hours/3 semester credits/4 quarter credit courses can be taken online at your own pace. For more information and to enroll, please visit us at www.cecreditsonline.org and select your state and district.